Sunday, September 15, 2013

Spending Habits



While on vacation to Ocean City, Maryland, I notice something that really made me think.

My husband, son and I were in the arcade trying to win tickets so my son could pick a prize. 1500 tickets will get you a rubber frog, mini slinky and temporary tattoos. Of course we had a great time playing games and winning tickets but as I am scrounging in the bottom of my purse for one more dollar, I am reminded of other ways I could spend that last dollar rather than putting it in a machine. 

I am instantly reminded of the children around the world who are hungry, thirsty and in need. I know my dollar wouldn't go very far but rather than spending $50.00 on silly objects, I could have donated this money and put it to good use. 

As I am standing in the arcade with an overwhelming sense of guilt, I decided I need to make a change in my careless spending. I will be doing more for my community so I know where my money is going!

I didn't say I won't ever have fun again. I am just more aware of my spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment